Thursday, June 3, 2010

I like sculpting

So I've been taking Nancy's Maquette building workshop this summer, and I just finished baking my sculpture. I have to say I've really enjoyed it. This character is something like a moon goddess I guess, I'm still working on a name for her.

Here's my original sketch of her. Her clothing changes a lot in the final sculpture, I was having difficulty getting the outfit to look delicate and fancy enough with the sculpey.


Some in progress photos, showing some work done to the feet and face. Spent a couple hours on the feet. Same with the face, I had to start it over about 4 times to get it looking decent. I'm pleased with the way it turned out.



Some finished shots. She stands roughly 9.5" tall including the base.



And a few details.



I'm very happy with this, I hope to do another as soon as I decide what I want to sculpt.

No comments: